Color: Pink Yellow
- Size: 79" L x 79" W
- Authentic: an original NOVICA fair trade product in association with National Geographic.
- Certified: comes with an official NOVICA Story Card certifying quality & authenticity.
- Exceptional Artisan Quality by Maya Artists of the Yucatan.
- Product info: Nylon, steel S-hooks
Details: NOVICA, in association with National Geographic, works together with talented artisan designers around the world to produce stunning, keepsake treasures. Our mantra is to spread global happiness, so rest assured - we'll do everything we possibly can to ensure you're a happy customer.
About this item:Preserving the time-honored traditions of Mayan hammocks, Mexico's Maya Artisans of the Yucatan present this double hammock. Handwoven from nylon fibers, the hammock features a color scheme in pink, red and yellow stripes for a cheerful, sunny look.
About our Artist:
- Hanging accessories included
- Holds up to 450 lbs.
- Not weather resistant
Long before the Spanish arrived in the Yucatan Peninsula, the Maya preferred to sleep and rest in hammocks. They considered the hammock to be like the loving embrace of a mother, due to the comfortable manner in which the body is held and swung within its cradle. Maya Artists of the Yucatan hand-weave stylized versions of the original Maya hammock. For them, the hammock is a work of art. Their hammocks are incredibly comfortable, easy to maintain, and may be stored just about anywhere....