Color: Orange Purple White
- Size: 79" L x 47" W
- Authentic: an original NOVICA fair trade product in association with National Geographic.
- Certified: comes with an official NOVICA Story Card certifying quality & authenticity.
- Exceptional Artisan Quality by Maya Artists of the Yucatan.
- Product info: Nylon, steel S-hooks
Details: NOVICA, in association with National Geographic, works together with talented artisan designers around the world to produce stunning, keepsake treasures. Our mantra is to spread global happiness, so rest assured - we'll do everything we possibly can to ensure you're a happy customer.
About this item:Colors of salmon, purple and white are featured in this Mexican single hammock, handwoven from nylon fibers by the Maya Artists of the Yucatan. Part of an effort to preserve the time-honored tradition of Mayan weaving, this lightweight hammock is comfortable and striking.
About our Artist:
- Hanging accessories included
- Holds up to 300 lbs.
- Not weather resistant
Long before the Spanish arrived in the Yucatan Peninsula, the Maya preferred to sleep and rest in hammocks. They considered the hammock to be like the loving embrace of a mother, due to the comfortable manner in which the body is held and swung within its cradle. Maya Artists of the Yucatan hand-weave stylized versions of the original Maya hammock. For them, the hammock is a work of art. Their hammocks are incredibly comfortable, easy to maintain, and may be stored just about anywhere....